Quick Connection Panel (QCP) Transfer Switch Connection Plate (TCP)
Allows for a quick connection from a transfer switch to an onsite, portable generator
Having a solution to quickly and safely make a portable generator connection to your electrical distribution system is important and in some cases required. When normal power is interrupted during a natural disaster, or main utility power failure, the Quick Connection Panel (QCP) and Transfer Switch Connection Plate (TCP) enables your facility to accept temporary service from a rental or portable generator.
Connecting portable generators can pose serious risks if not done properly. The Thomson Quick Connection Panel (QCP) and Transfer Switch Connection Plate (TCP) are certified to the UL 1008 standards for safe and easy connections to Automatic Transfer Switches.
• Amperage Range: 100A – 4000A
• Voltage: 600VAC max.
• Withstand Current Rating: 22kA @ 600VAC
• NEMA 3R enclosure
• Hinged door with locking T-Handle
• Rust resistant Satin Coated steel
• Powder Coated ASA 61 Grey
• Easy wall mount flanges
• Locking trap-door for cable entry
• Gland plates for easy connections
• Mechanical Lugs for easy connection to ATS
• Standard Series 16 Single Pole Inlet Connectors (Male)
• Color Coded Phasing
• Self-closing NEMA 3R connector cover
• Angled bottom plate for easy connection
• Pedestal mounting stand on all 1600A and 2000A models
The QCP is available with the following options:
• Phase Monitoring:
– P1: 480VAC max , Phase Failure, Phase Sequence
– P2: 600VAC max , Phase Failure, Phase Sequence, Overvoltage, Undervoltage, Unbalance
• Portable Generator Cable connectors: Series 16 Female Plug, order separate.